Imagine a small manufacturing company that is shifting its direction in light of changes in the competitive environment in which it operates. Training will be deployed to ensure that employees have required skills that align with the new strategic direction. Change management is critical to ensure organizational alignment. However, the company has experienced two-fold resistance to the new direction. First, employees are unclear on the need for change; and second, the training department has shown resistance to using organizational development skills to resolve employee resistance issues.
Create a report that summarizes the change management process.
Write a report of 1,050 to 1,400 words that includes the following components:
- Strategies for aligning training with the new strategic direction
- Recommended processes that should be used to align employee training with the new business strategies
- Organizational development skills required to be effective in training program development and delivery
- The steps that should be employed to support change management within the organization
- Legal considerations related to organizational development and change management that should be considered during this transition
- A summary of how employee resistance and change management effectiveness will be assessed during the transition
Cite any outside sources according to APA formatting guidelines.